The Complete Guide to Dachshunds
The Complete Guide to Dachshunds: Finding, Feeding, Training, Caring For, Socializing, and Loving Your New Dachshund Puppy.
The Complete Guide to Dachshunds
The Complete Guide to Dachshunds: Finding, Feeding, Training, Caring For, Socializing, and Loving Your New Dachshund Puppy
❤ Dachshunds are popular for both their long, low-slung statures and their vivacious personalities.
Their clownish behavior, unwavering loyalty, and go get ’em attitude has made this breed exceptionally popular throughout the world.
These spunky little dogs come in a variety of sizes, with the largest specimens reaching nearly thirty pounds in size and the smallest topping out at just ten pounds or so.
❤ They have three distinct coat types to choose from—smooth, wirehaired, and longhaired.
This is a fearless little breed, developed hundreds of years ago in Germany to track and hunt animals that went to the ground, like badgers, and pull them out of their dens.
While the majority of Dachshund dogs today are pampered pets rather than independent hunters, they still retain both their high prey drive and their tenacity.
The traits that made them great hunters can also make them somewhat difficult to train. With this thorough guidebook, you will discover everything you need to raise your Dachshund from an impulsive puppy into a confident and well-mannered adult dog.
❤ The Complete Guide to Dachshunds is your road map to unlocking your Doxie’s potential.
You will learn what to do and what not to do to ensure your canine companion’s continuing good health, as well as tips and techniques for training the stubborn Dachshund.
❤ This comprehensive guide to Dachshunds answers your most crucial questions, such as:
- Is the Dachshund breed right for me?
- How do I prepare my home for an active new Dachshund?
- Which methods are most effective when training my Dachshund?
- What do I need to know to protect my Dachshund’s health?
Whether you refer to your new fur baby as a wiener dog, sausage dog, Doxie, Dotson dog, or badger dog, one thing is certain: he will keep you busy!
These short-legged dogs aren’t the type of endurance athletes that make good jogging buddies, but they do have a lot of energy and drive.
Learn everything you need to know to keep up with your dynamic Dachshund and keep him healthy and happy for years to come.
❤ Discover valuable information about your new dog, including:
- The Dachshund history as a hunting dog
- How to choose the right Dachshund for you
- What to expect from a breeder or rescue
- Planning a budget for your Dachshund darling
- What to expect the first few weeks at home
- How to easily house-train your Dachshund
- The importance of socialization
- Tips and techniques for training your Doxie
- How to deal with a difficult Dachshund
- Grooming your Doxie (with guidelines for all three coat types)
- Health issues common to the Dachshund breed
- Protecting your long-backed dog’s spine
- Supporting the aging Dachshund
While these little dogs can be a bit challenging, pet parents around the globe find their efforts well rewarded with joy and laughter.
These little hunters are as entertaining as they are cunning, and they are always up for a new adventure.
This guidebook will provide indispensable insights about your dog’s mental, physical, and emotional health for both novice and veteran Dachshund owners.
This wide-ranging guidebook is required reading for anyone who shares their life with a Dachshund!
Thank you for visiting Finn’s store.